Friday, December 31, 2010

what a freaking year.

A year ago I was in a bad place.  A dark place.  Finding it hard to see the light.  We were battling IF, we didn't know what we were dealing with.  I was trying to find hope but everywhere I turned things seemed to be falling apart.  Work was changing and sucked.  I felt unappreciated.  Every test was a BFN. My LP was short.  Even when we did everything right, we still couldn't get pregnant.  I shut down.  I didn't want to see people.  I cried at the drop of a hat.  I hope I never go back there again.

Jump to this NYE.  We are SO blessed.  Close to 27 weeks pregnant with twins.  A boy and a girl.  All that we could ever ask for.  A marriage that is STRONGER because of the trials we faced.  A husband I appreciate more and forgive any flaws because he is so strong and amazing and I would have fallen off the cliff if it wasn't for him this last year.  And not just through the IF- through all of that, my surgery, and now all the ups, downs, cravings, aches, worries-- you name it.  He's there.  Being kind and caring, supporting me; supporting each other.  And I know it's going to get harder before it gets better.  But MAN am I lucky.  With friends and family supporting us.  Could. Not. Be. More. Blessed.

So, may 2011 bring healthy babies, sleep by July, and may the challenges and stress once again bring us closer.  Here's to the coming best year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment