Sunday, December 12, 2010

24 weeks means... VIABILITY!

24 is one of those milestones I was waiting and waiting for.  And today it's here!  If babies came today, there would be a chance they would survive (with lots of NICU love).  We hope and pray that they don't get any thoughts of vacating any time soon, but it's nice to know that if they did, there would be a shot at life.

This past week was crazy... I had a lot to do at work Mon-Wed and it seriously wore me out.  This week, I also started getting contractions and swelling... yikes!  It was no more than one contraction per day, and wasn't painful, but I could feel my stomach/uterus tighten up and get hard, and my heart would race.  I had my appointment on Thursday, so they checked my urine for protein, cervix by u/s and internal, and luckily everything is okay.  Braxton Hicks it is. :)  It's a big reminder that I need to sit down, put my feet up and stop running around so much.

Babies looked great in our u/s- still girl/boy, weighing an estimated 1 lb 5 oz and 1 lb 6 oz respectively.  Both had heartbeats in the 150s, and were wiggling around.  We got another great shot of A, and B decided this time to have his legs over his head, so only good 2d profile shots.  Oh well. :)  Those weights are still good, but I have to admit that I haven't been packing the protein as much as I should.  Lately nothing sounds good, and I have to make myself eat.  I know I'm supposed to be really hungry all the time, but I'm just not.  I'm hoping this week I can get back into the habit of breakfast - snack - lunch - snack - dinner. 

This weekend we also accomplished all of our Christmas shopping in 2 hours! lights are up outside, presents are wrapped and Christmas cards are addressed.  This coming week is going to be crazy... between work, Christmas parties and a packed-full weekend I don't know that we'll get much rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment