Monday, February 7, 2011

32!!

Another milestone!  This week was crazy, with the prediction of "snowmageddon," preparing to be snowed in for a few days, and then... barely anything.  Except lots of ice.  But it made the whole work from home thing less weird, since everyone else was too. :) 

After our doctor's appointment, we hunkered down for the storm, and really that's how we spent most of our week.  The difference it makes to work from home is HUGE-- most days now at work my role has been altered enough that I can spend most of my day at my desk, with my feet up.  That said, most days I still come home big and swollen and ready to pass out.  The days I worked from home I was way less swollen and sore and didn't feel like I had to go to bed at 5:00. I really think this change is going to make a big difference in how long I make it working as well as how long these babies stay in. 

I'm trying to savor every minute of these sweet little ones in my tummy, even though my body feels like it's ready to fall apart.  I was telling Mr. M that I'm really going to miss these guys being inside-- it's just so amazing to feel their little kicks and nudges and to be able to reach down at any time and feel them moving or give them a little pat.  I really really hope that we're able to have more after these two-- while I spend a lot of the day in pain and wish I was more comfortable, I do love being pregnant, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  We are so very blessed and I would love to do this again.  And as much as I have moments of breaking down and falling apart with what is going on with my body, I do not want these two going ANYWHERE for at least four more weeks.  Better yet, let's make it to their scheduled C. 

This weekend we stayed busy-- we went to see friends who have twins on Friday night, and it felt good to see them and also pick their brains about twin stuff and her c-section.  Saturday was low-key, and Sunday we had other friends over with their two girls for the superbowl.  We had so much fun, but that also helped us see all of the places where our house is NOT baby proof. yikes!

This week is busy... Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment