- Got numbers back on Monday the 26th. From when I had bloodwork done on Friday (11dpo) - hCG 49, Progesterone 50. Definitely pregnant. Nurse said Progesterone is rockin', and though she said she couldn't guarantee, she felt like that number was a good sign baby isn't etopic. WOOT.
- Immediately asked if I could get another hCG to make sure my beta was doubling. She was all over it, so I went in and had blood drawn again. Especially since we were leaving Tuesday night to go out of the country, I wanted some numbers to make me feel better. Nurse said she wanted to see over 150.
- Oh yeah, and later that night I started spotting.
- Tuesday morning, I got the call: Monday's bloodwork (14 dpo)- hCG 200. I guess I really am pregnant.
- Had lots of conversation with the nurse about spotting (brown and very little pink). No cramping with it. Still freaking me out
- Spotting stops. I go on vacation full of: sleeplessness, not eating at regular times, bouncy/windy car rides on the left side of the road, not drinking enough water, not being able to pee when I need to. Lots of general stress. Many crying fits with my husband, worried that all of this craziness can't be good for the baby.
- Symptoms (or just from all of the above craziness): nausea (better when I eat more often), sore boobs, face breaking out, bloating, having to pee all the time. YAY! Because I am neurotic, I bring a good 10 pregnancy tests with me so I can keep testing to make sure the line gets darker. Got to the point where it was super-dark and couldn't get darker. Decided I'm insane. But it made me feel better.
- Through all of this, Mr. M was FABULOUS. Willing to stay back with me if I needed a nap or felt sick or wanted to come home early, even though I made him go a lot. And genuine about it too. Not just "I'm offering because I'm supposed to" -- it was legit. What a wonderful, wonderful man I married.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
First, let's play catch up: