Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reality TV and Pregancy?

So in order to write this post, I have to admit that I watch trashy TV. Specifically, Giuli*na and Bill. And it's not like I was bored and clicked around and found it. I totally DVR'd it. I'll wait while you laugh your ass off about that.

Ok, ready? So I'm watching the show, and it turns out they're TTC. So I make a snarky comment to Mr. M that "of course they share that with the whole world on TV, and I'm sure they get knocked up right away because it's so perfect and easy for everyone else. I don't know if I can watch this." But of course I do, because let's get real: it's trashy TV. Not like Jers*y Shore or anything. Which I also watched the other day, but that was because there was a marathon and Per*z Hilton has been talking about someone named "Sn*oky" lately, and I had no idea what was going on. I am most certainly not a follower of trashy pop culture. And I would never subscribe to something like People. (Hey- it's not like US Weekly or something! People is the classy trash magazine!) But I digress...

So I'm watching the show, and they get to the "this season on Giuli*na and Bill..." part. In which I see: vaginal ultrasounds, doctor's offices, the words "we're trying to have a baby and it's not going so well," and see what may or may not be a progesterone shot. Hmmm. Okay, that just earned them some street cred in my book. They probably got some early medical intervention (which we're not at yet, but I'm now counting down the days until my OBGYN appointment... I'm ready to start finding ANSWERS!) but still, that's not "we've tried for three months and must be infertile." Alright. Not that I wish that upon anyone-- I wish it was easy for ALL to get pregnant if they want to, but I can feel for them.

To top it all off, I went back to DVR the series (shut up) and there's an upcoming episode called "Operation Ovulation." Yeah, I think maybe I could watch this show. And honestly, not having seen all this IF stuff yet, and solely based upon the preview, I'm thankful someone is putting it out there. Like somewhere besides Oct*mom or the Discovery Ch*nnel. IF is not freakish. It's a reality. For lots of people.

Side note: I know we may not be considered IF (yet? ever? who knows) but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment