- Had an appointment at 11w4 days, and got a unexpected peek at the babies. YAY! Everyone looks great-- it's incredible to see that they look like BABIES now instead of shrimp :)
- Told Mr. M's parents. WONDERFUL!! Apparently we did a good job of keeping things quiet and discrete on our vacation-- they didn't notice anything was up!
- Told my siblings. We were going to do all the siblings the same day, but my brother was over at my parents house, and then when you tell one you can't not tell the other... so we did :)
- Went back and forth and back and forth again about the NT scan. Couldn't make up our minds. After lots of thought, we decided we wanted to do the u/s but not the bloodwork. (My insurance covered it, and who wouldn't want an extra-long u/s!) I called to schedule it and they were pretty booked, but there was an opening that afternoon (Tuesday) so we rearranged our afternoons to make it. Great pics of the babies, everything is right on mark, growing perfectly, arms, legs, fingers, perfect. The u/s tech said they looked great, and then came right over to do the finger prick for the bloodwork. It was so fast, I just did it, and Mr. M didn't stop me. Afterwords we were worried a bit, but in the end we love these little guys already, and will love them no matter what.
- Told Mr. M's siblings. :) SO fun to tell!
- Told work. I think people are in shock, but it's so nice to be "out." I'm showing already, and have been having a hard time finding clothes that hide my growing tummy. To be fair, I wasn't small to begin with, but my Dr. said that moms of twins measure 4-5 weeks ahead, so that makes me like a 16 or 17 week singleton mom. So the fact that I've sworn off of regular pants is totally legit, right? ;)
- Got a call today from the genetics specialist, and in the end we're glad we did the bloodwork-- 1/10,000 risk (the lowest risk they give on the test) for BOTH babies for all three issues. What a relief!
- Counting the days to the weekend when we can tell more friends! and THIRTEEN weeks! woohoo!!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
12 weeks. (and then some)
Thanks to a computer on the fritz, this is a little late, but a lot has happened! Here are the highlights: